Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pasta and home made parmesan

Having a few eggplants sitting on my bench for a while, I wondered what I was going to make with it. I'm not a huge fan of eggplant but I do like trying to find new things to do with it. I found Roasted Eggplant and Caramelized Onion Marinara in Vegan Yum Yum (p. 267). Anything with the words 'Caramelized Onion' in the title is going to be good! And it was! And really easy to make.



I had seen a home made parmesan cheese recipe in 1000 Vegan Recipes so I quickly whipped up a batch of Parmasio (p. 193). This stuff is really good! It adds a fantastic flavour to the pasta. I doesn't overly taste like parmesan, but MUCH better IMHO.


I quickly made half a batch and it has lasted well in the fridge.

Tahn

2 comments:

Linzey said...

This looks really good! I must try it. I've never had good luck making eggplant before, maybe this is the winning recipe!!

Anonymous said...

i make my own parmasan type stuff with nooch, salt, ground almonds and sesame seeds and it works a treat!