Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cake and Curry


Another recipe from the Supercook website. Tonight we tried Peas, Potato and Eggplant Curry.




It was really yum and even fussy Baby liked it tonight! Added bonus! I needed to cook it for a little longer than it suggested to make the potatoes soft. Maybe a nuking in the 'wave before hand?? Either way, it was quite nice.
I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with eggplant. I cut it into little cubes and covered it in salt in a colander and left it for an hour or so. Then I rinsed it off and used it as required. This is the second time I have tried to salt eggplant and I believe it has helped it to taste better, even though I have read on many blogs/recipe sites that putting salt on eggplant is not necessary. It is something I will continue to do.

Again we tried the 1 Pan Fudge Cake to see what happens when we cook it for the required 25 minutes and it really was a complete failure :( Delicious, but under cooked this time! The kids will still eat it, though! Having said that, Tweenie made a passing comment when I cut them a piece to take to school tomorrow that she actually preferred the raw treats! Imagine that! So I'll try to make some for her tomorrow (I gotta stop being so lazy! It's just that without a food processor it takes sooo long!!) I feel more comfortable with the healthy food choice that is the raw date balls, instead of cake like this 1 Pan Fudge Cake that requires 3/4C of OIL! Not good!

Anyway, til tomorrow

Tahn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wish i had been so clued up on food when i was little. your kids are great!