Saturday, October 3, 2009

I heart the Preston Markets


The usual Saturday event occurred today. Lunch from La Panella Bakery followed by a visit to the Preston Markets for our weekly fruit and vegetable shop.

This is what we got today:

All for only $40.15!
This is what I got:
1/2kg grapes
5 sweetcorn
1kg carrots
2 zucchinis
1 continental cucumber
300g snow peas
1 whole butternut pumpkin
1/2 seedless watermelon
6 red capsicums
8 corella pears
10 mandarins
16 assorted apples
300g baby spinach
1 whole cauliflower
2 pineapples
2 punnets blueberries
5kg potatoes
2.5kg bananas
20 onions
All for $40.15 
 Not bad, I reckon! Being vegan is sooo cheap IF you stay away from all the processed crap!

And here is lunch:


 Baby and Nephew chose the plain 'pie', Tweenie had the 'pastie' and YM the 'sausage roll'. I had the mushroom 'pie', but I usually fight the mobs getting the bargains on the fruit and veges while the kids eat and so I eat mine at home. They had run out of apple slice today :( so I got an apple pastry, but it's not the same. I like the sweet apple slice the best.

This morning, as we were all heading out for a jog I noticed this sign on my fence.


I was so angry that they had put this sign up on my fence with out my permission!! How dare they!!!!
Silly I know, but I really felt annoyed! As soon as we got home I had to un-ban the use of the telephone and I called the local police to see where I stood. Next I called the local Ray White office only to be told that they didn't think it was them. I don't care who it was, get it off my fence! Apparently the owner of the local office was going to drive past my house and look at it. Well, 4 hours later, and on returning from the markets it was still there and I hadn't even been contacted about it again. So YM went out with a screwdriver and took it off. I know I should have just done that in the first place, but I wanted Ray White to know how totally inappropriate I thought that was! Oh well, it's off now, but still annoying!

I've also had just about enough of the school holidays. I am going mental being surrounded by kids all day with no adult interaction. Not sure how I will go when I return to relief teaching next term :(. That is one of the reasons why I was trying to give it up...I used up all my patience on the kids at school and then came home with none for my poor babies! At least I will get some adult conversation in the staff room (unless I get stuck with ALL the yard duties- which usually happens for a relief teacher!). Anyway, can't wait for them to go back to school. May just spend the whole of Monday in my pyjamas, tucked up in bed, alone and child free.

Tahn

2 comments:

BrisVegan said...

Sorry to hear about your Ray white hassles.

You got a great haul at the markets and the pies look great!

Anonymous said...

i got my fregie bags in the post, can't wait to use them!