Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday, aka the last day of the school holidays!


Well not much happens for this family on a Sunday. Don't know how the rest of you feel about it but around here it tends to be a day of laziness (what, and the other days aren't??).

Last night I made some yummy soup with the left over veges and the plan was to have it for lunch today. I asked YM to turn on the stove to heat it up, and he did, although he turned it up REALLY high and before the kids could say 'What's for lunch, Mum?' the bottom of the pan was burnt! Not impressed. So they had to have that or nothing. It was definitely NOT worth photographing!!

By mid afternoon I was feeling a little peckish and thought of the blueberries I had bought yesterday. I found a blueberry pancake recipe here, but I had to do without the baking powder as 'somebody' used up the last of the baking powder WITHOUT letting me know! That has been happening quite a bit lately! Anyway, they tasted just fine without it (I'm sure they would have been even better with it!).


Then I got a bit lazy waiting for the pancakes to cook, as I am really getting into the book I am reading at the moment 'Shantaram' by Gregory David Roberts. I actually bought it when I was in London in January and am only just getting around to reading it know (ahh, the benefits of technology-free week!!). So I put the rest of the mixture into the frying pan to make 'gigantor' the pancake!


My sister and B-I-L came late this afternoon to pick up my nephew. Once they left it was time for the kids to have a shower and off to bed. They have school in the morning.

(A giant cheer from me!)

Tahn

3 comments:

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

yummy, pancakes without baking soda are actually really good! I kinda like how they get chewy and creamy like that.

Theresa said...

I love blueberry pancakes! And I love gigantor pancakes to use up the last of the batter. Yours look so yummy.

Tahn said...

Gigantor was SO big, I couldn't eat him all!!