Friday, October 30, 2009

Tofu Patties and a new, old cookbook



Today I went for a walk to my local op shop to look for a Jane Austen book. I didn't exactly find a book, rather a text that contains extracts from 6 of her books. Not a bad find, really. I also came across a heap of other book goodies. There is such a huge 'library' there. I found this book:


It's old, but Australian! Gotta love that!

Tonight the kids all had a Halloween disco for school to attend. Baby was first, then YM and Tweenie's time to rock on. So I needed to make an early dinner and I wanted to use up the veggies in the fridge. I made some Tofu Patties which were not very nice so I won't even bother adding the link. From my new, old cookbook I made Saute Zucchini. It was absolutely delicious! It was really simple, although I would never have thought to do it and ALL the children really liked it! Imagine! I'm not a big fan of tomatoes and I really liked it!
I also just fried up some mushrooms and they were tasty with it also!


SAUTE ZUCCHINI
2T oil
3 large zucchini, sliced
1 onion, sliced
3 tomatoes, cut in wedges (although I cubed mine small)
1/4t oregano
1/2C black olives (not a fan-omitted them)
salt (didn't use either)

Heat oil in frying pan and saute the zucchini slices. Add the onion after a couple of minutes and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oregano, olives and salt. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve.

I've had a bit of a 'moment' tonight :( I am really, really missing Popeye. I don't think I will ever get used to this life.

Tahn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've come across a couple of awesome really old vegan cookbooks from the 70s. it's so fun going through them and seeing how much vegan food has evolved!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I just found you. It's nice to see some other vegan famililes out there!