Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Silverbeet, Potato and Tomato Curry



More work today, more cute kids.

Yesterday, on my day off, I did a heap of cooking and I made tonight's dinner which made things A LOT easier when I got home from work.

I needed to use the mortar and pestle (or pestle and mortar) that Popeye bought me ages ago. I needed to post a photo to prove it!



I made a Silverbeet, Potato and Tomato Curry which I really liked but Baby decided she didn't like it, then asked if she could have a piece of fruit! ("I don't think so!" was my answer, in case you were wondering!) I made her stick it in the fridge. Maybe she can have it after school tomorrow, when they all seem to be starving!


I have prepped tomorrow night's dinner also! How on top of things am I??!! Almost all of the Date, Almond and Coconut Balls I made yesterday for school snax are nearly gone (man, they are sooo yummy I can't control myself!!) so I will have to make another batch tomorrow. I just wish I had Popeye's food processor - what should only take 10  minutes takes me about half an hour! (And just as long to eat them!)

Random:

Here is a picture of the brooch I wore to work today. My sister made it for me for my birthday. How cute is it?!!!



More cute kids tomorrow.

Tahn

4 comments:

Jeni Treehugger said...

That brooch is super super cute and the curry looks amazing.
Kids hey!

I'm Philippa O said...

super organised! my kind of woman! great brooch, did the kids like it?

Seitahn said...

The kids didn't really say anything. I spotted a few kids looking at it and I brought up the topic! haha. But also it was a bit cold and I had yard duty also, so it couldn't be seen under my jacket

Fat Mummie said...

Cuuuooote brooch - I would like one of those to wear to work to match the cat shoes I have. I made lentil shephards pie for din tonight, easy and yum. Your curry looks awesome.